Medicines Counter Assistant Programme
|Title||Medicines Counter Assistant Programme|
|Duration||12 – 52 weeks|
|Qualification||Medicines Counter Assistant (accredited by GPhC)|
The Medicines Counter Assistant Programme is for any staff involved in the sale of over the counter medicines that have not already completed a recognised Medicines Counter Assistant’s course. It takes between 12 – 52 weeks to complete.
The member of staff will not need to meet any minimum qualification requirements to undertake the programme.
He/she will need to be working within a pharmacy and working under the supervision of a pharmacist.
The programme consists of 11 workbooks:
- The essentials of pharmacy 1
- The essentials of pharmacy 2
- Advising on pain
- Advising on coughs and colds
- Advising on digestive disorders
- Advising on hay fever, sleep and eye disorders
- Advising on skin problems
- Advising on travel health
- Advising on infant feeding and childhood ailments
- Advising on contraception, conception and urinary tract disorders
- Advising on a healthy lifestyle
A comprehensive Tutor Guide for the Pharmacist and a Trainee Guide for your member of staff are provided.
- Multiple choice questions
In addition, online reports are available to monitor Trainee progress.
Unit 4. Assist in the sale of medicines and products
Unit 5. Receive prescriptions from individuals
Unit 15. Assist in the issuing of prescribed items
For further information on this programme, please click here